Introductory Offer: Buy 1 Roycycled item and get 1 item at 15%* off using discount ROYC15 on checkout.
* 1 use per order, All customers, One use per customer, Can’t combine with other discounts
As a Roycycled Treasures retailer, we offer a range of decoupage papers. Using Roycycled products, you can easily transform your furniture and craft projects. Roycycled Decoupage Paper comes in 20" x 30" pieces. The 18lb weight is perfect for decoupaging crafts, furniture, home décor and more.
Decoupage paper is a type of decorative paper used in the art and craft of decoupage. Decoupage is a creative technique that involves decorating objects, such as furniture, boxes, and home decor items, by adhering cut-out paper designs or images onto a surface and then sealing them with adhesive or varnish to create a layered, textured effect. Decoupage paper plays a crucial role in this process, providing the imagery and patterns that give the project its visual appeal.
Here are some critical points about decoupage paper:
1. Variety of Designs: Decoupage paper has various designs, colours, and patterns. These designs can include vintage images, floral motifs, abstract patterns, animal prints, and more. The variety of choices allows crafters to personalize their projects to suit their preferences and themes.
2. Thickness and Quality: Decoupage paper is typically thinner and more delicate than regular printer paper. It is designed to be lightweight and easy to adhere to surfaces without creating bulk. High-quality decoupage paper is often acid-free to prevent yellowing and deterioration over time.
3. Application: To use decoupage paper, you can cut out the desired images or patterns and then adhere them to the surface of your chosen object using a decoupage adhesive, such as Mod Podge or specialized decoupage glue. Smoothing out wrinkles or bubbles is essential for a clean, professional look.
4. Layering: One of the distinctive features of decoupage is the ability to layer multiple pieces of paper on top of each other to create depth and dimension. This layering technique allows you to achieve intricate and artistic designs.
5. Sealing: After applying the paper to the surface, it must be sealed with additional decoupage adhesive or a clear varnish. This sealing process protects the paper and creates a glossy or matte finish, depending on the chosen sealant.
6. Surfaces: Decoupage paper can be used on various surfaces, including wood, glass, ceramic, metal, plastic, and fabric. It allows for a versatile and creative approach to decorating multiple objects.
7. Projects: Decoupage paper is commonly used for crafting and decorating furniture, picture frames, trays, boxes, and other home decor items. It also produces greeting cards, scrapbooking, and other paper crafts.
Decoupage paper is a versatile and essential material for those interested in the art of decoupage. Its wide range of designs and ease of use make it a popular choice for adding a touch of creativity and personalization to various projects.